Book Review #9- "The Choice" by Nicholas Sparks


A MATTER OF CHOICE

Book: The Choice
Author: Nicholas Sparks
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Date Published: September 2007
Country Published: New York, USA

Blogger Rating: 5 out of 5 




Plot/ Summary:
Travis Parker, a very happy, peaceful and contented bachelor, who enjoys his life, living in his dream house near the beach and enjoying the company of his friends' families. Up until the arrival of his new neighbor, Gabby Holland, a very serious person in a very serious relationship with her long time and steady boyfriend. Knowing Gabby has just been a start of something new and the beginning of choosing which fate they will be embarking for the rest of their lives. 


Blogger Review:
"Unpredictable" is one word that best describe this book and of all Nicholas Sparks book, this is one book that I truly enjoyed and had me thinking in some part.

At one time while reading this book I even uttered out of the blue "What the heck happen?!". Because if you will be reading the book, the prologue part start with their present time and after which the past will be inserted on how they met, their past experience and many more. 

This is truly a remarkable story of choosing what your heart is willing to do and how your faith will be tested. Also the very quote from the book that I will never forget "How far can you go for the ones you love?"

Category on Reading Challenge: A Book a Friend Recommended
This book was recommended to me by my brother's friend. He lend me his book, but unfortunately I didn't even read his copy then I sold it (Uh... Oh..) when I decided to clean up my bookshelf. 

The thing that urged me to read this book is a Facebook page that I stumbled upon that they are already making the movie of The Choice. Me being a true fanatic of Nicholas Sparks works, I really looked for a copy, thus I bought a 2nd hand hardbound book. 

Having finished reading it I didn't regret getting a copy again. 

Blogger Art:

Hand drawn in pen and pencil on kraft notebook, rendered in marker
(Please bear with me, still trying to figure out how to use the marker properly)

Looking for a copy of this book:
Amazon for $4.60
Book Depository (Free Shipping Worldwide) for $7.43

UPDATE: 5/24/2015
Wordery for $12.38 (in new book cover design)

Comments

Popular Posts