Book Review #15- "Echo" by Lorena Glass

 FINDING YOU
Book: Echo
Author: Lorena Glass
Publisher: MyInkBooks.com
Date Published: February 1, 2015
Blogger Rating: 4 out of 5 
Plot/ Summary:

The book is the first of its trilogy series of Echo by Lorena Glass. Its genre is under historical romance and science fiction. The plot is about a love story of two destined lovers. Finding a way to search for one another and change their cursed fate, which was cast upon them long time ago.


Each time one of them dies, the other one time travels to the next or previous incarnation of their lover. The story spans from different times, places and lives of two soul mates, whose devotion and love for each knows no boundaries and that never dies.


Blogger Review:

I actually got this advance reading copy of the book from Lorena Glass herself through Bookbed. I chose this book, because I love historical romance books and I wish to try to read a book which the author I'm not familiar with. 
After reading it for almost a week, my view on this book is that the story started slow and boring for me, but eventually as I was reading along I eventually enjoyed the book. Most especially at the part when the characters traveled to different places and in different time. Knowing the old names of the European countries had interest me, for example Gaul (present France) and Lapland (present Finland). These things are interesting for me, because I love history and reading and knowing more about the ancient history is quite exciting for me.



The book is divided in 3 parts or timeline. The first one is Karissa and Adregin (Gaul), then Adregina and Iilassa (Lapland and Cyprus), lastly Evian (Cyprus). My most favorite character in this book is Evian, who was introduced in the 3rd timeline of the story. Though he was only been in the first book in less than 10 pages. I really like his character, because he is more composed than Adregin, I didn't like how Adregin always refer to Karissa as "woman" and not just voice out her name as if she's just an object and thinking of himself as superior to her.



Overall, I enjoyed reading the book I just think that it started slow and quite confusing actually. I’m sincerely looking forward to the next book, I’m curious on how Evian will continue his search for answers about his identity and in search for his long lost lover.

Blogger Art:



Manual Drawing using Pen and Ink, Rendered in Watercolor and Colored Pencil 
M

Comments

Popular Posts