Bookbed Blind Dates!

Recently, I joined a book exchange activity with Bookbed, a book community site for sharing and storytelling, the activity is entitle "Bookbed Blind Date" it is the first book blind date organized by Bookbed. 

Book blind date is quite popular recently in the book community. I first saw the activity in an Australian bookstore website, when i was at that time looking for online bookstore with free shipping to the Philippines. The concept of this activity is that you will choose a book that you would want to exchange then cover the book and write or even illustrate some hints about the book.

Personally, I actually enjoyed wrapping my book and drawing some hints on it. I was quite excited and nervous at the same time when I was preparing it. Here is a picture of the book blind date that I have submitted to Bookbed. 

Can you guess what book this is? here are the hints:
- New Adult Fiction
- London, England
- A phone
- Engagement
- Finders keepers 


The first round of the book blind date from my opinion is a success, having 15 participants to join in is quite an achievement for Bookbed. The organizer collected all the photos of the books and posted it on Facebook group for the selection.
Credit photo to Bookbed.
Out of all those books, I chose #6 to be my book date for this activity. I chose that book because recently I'm fanatic of historical fiction after reading and being so hang up with Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon (though I'm still not done yet with the series), and adding civil war and medicine.. quite interesting.
After all the participants have chosen their dates, the organizers will message the necessary details for the shipment. All expenses will be shouldered by the sender (it is included in the agreement), then comes the hardest part which is....... waiting for the book to arrive at your doorstep.


My book was chosen by Ms. Kat, I even added a personally made bookmark magnet with the book for complementary freebie. Meanwhile, I received my book date maybe 2-3 days after the shipment schedule and I was so excited to open it. The book was from Mommy Vix, she covered the book in a piece of paper and adorned it with colored markers and washi tape. I was even careful in opening the book and not damaging the wrapping to preserve the cover of the wrapper for remembrance sake.


 The book that I got from Mommy Vix is entitled "My Name is Mary Sutter" by Robin Oliveira. Willl be placing this book on my TBR (to be read) books for next month. Overall, the activity was so much fun and hassle free actually.

 Hoping that I can join again in the next round, but maybe after reading and reviewing this book. Looking forward to the next round for other participants, hoping that they will be able to enjoy their book date also as much as I enjoyed my experience.

M





Comments

Popular Posts