Book Review #2: "The First Phone Call from Heaven" by Mitch Albom


SPECIAL CALL

The first phone call from heaven by Mitch Albom

Actually this is only the 2nd book that I have read from Mitch Abom, the 1st book was "Have a little faith" which was based on true story. What I like about Mitch Albom is how he incorporates God and spiritual context on his books, also on this book, he added some side stories of Alexander Bell, the known inventor of the telephone, about his invention and his family; and relates it with the story in a very smooth way that the side story and the main story of the book is actually connected to each other and that the side story is actually one of the clues on how you'll know the problem in the story would be solved.

I was actually inspired by this book, it has somehow made me closer to God. I have also noted some inspirational quotes that really struck me, when I was reading this book, hopefully it will also affect other people to.

"Fear is how you lose your life, a little bit at a time, what we give t fear, we take away from faith."
- Robbie Sellers (The first phone call from heaven, Mitch Albom)

"Knowing heaven is what heals us on earth."
- Diane Yelling (The first phone call from heaven, Mitch Albom)



It is a great relief I was able to read and buy this book, actually my first copy of this book was an ebook copy that I downloaded from a free ebook site, but I didn't get to even read it as much as 20 pages because it felt like something is missing in reading this book through my smartphone, so eventually when I was able to buy an actual copy of the book, it really felt different and I was compelled to finish this book. I bought a copy of this book before I ended by 6 days vacation from Singapore. This is one of my books that I will truly be keeping and would eventually keep me inspired in the future.

Hopefully this book would also inspire other people, it is a must read book fro those people who want to be inspired by God's love,

Looking for a copy of this book:
Amazon $9.99
Bookdepository (Free Shipping Worldwide) $7.89
Wordery for $12.78

Love
M

Comments

Popular Posts